- To support discovery/design and development of vaccines, therapeutics, adjuvants and diagnostics for NIAID Category A, B and C priority pathogens and toxins.
- FY 2006 total anticipated amount to be awarded: $35 million
- The anticipated number of awards: 20-25
- Mechanism: Single-project Cooperative Agreement (U01)
- Eligible organizations include:
- For-profit or non-profit organizations
- Public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories
- Units of U.S. state and local governments
- Eligible agencies of the U.S. Federal government
- Domestic or foreign institutions/organizations
- Faith-based or community based organizations
- Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed work.
- The number of applications each applicant may submit: Unlimited but must be scientifically different.
- Application materials: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired: TYY 301-451-0088.
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation Research
Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster